Education & Background
- September 2017 - Current
Ph.D. Student at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, division of Information Science and Engineering, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Research Topic
- Benchmarking and performance analysis of Edge Computing infrastructures and the applications deployed on them, in particular with respect to human-in-the-loop applications and cyperphysical systems.
- March 2011 - August 2017
Engineer's Degree and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Sciences in Computer Science, Universidad de Chile, in Santiago, Chile. Graduated on August 16, 2017 with Highest Honors.
- Thesis Topic
- Design and Implementation of an Integrated Framework for Simulating Intelligent Transportation Systems in OMNeT++ and Paramics.
Research & Academia
- August 2015 - June 2017
Software Developer and Researcher at NIC Chile Research Laboratories.
Researched the integration of a wireless network simulator (Omnet++) and a traffic simulator (Quadstone Paramics) for ITS applications, under the guidance of professor Sandra Céspedes, Ph.D. This was realized in collaboration with the Wireless Networking Research Group at the Dept. of Electrical Engineering of Universidad de Chile and culminated in the work presented in my Engineer's Degree thesis.
- August 2013 - June 2017
Teaching Assistant for various courses at the Department of Computer Science at Universidad de Chile.
- CC1000 Computing Tools for Engineering and Science
- CC3001 Algorithms and Data Structures
- CC1002 Introduction to Programming
- CC3501 Modelling and Computer Graphics for Engineers
- January 2016
- Teaching Assistant at the 2016 Stanford Honors Academy.
I am an avid dancer, specifically of latin rhythms such as Salsa and Bachata. I particularly enjoy casino and son, as well as traditional rhythms such as rumba and orixá, and I am currently learning On2 (NYC style) with my SO.
I have a black belt in Taekwondo, but I haven't practiced in many years.